Check out and download ebooks in epub and pdf formats. ebooks can be downloaded to a compatible portable device. Search ebooks in the RLQ online catalogue or select from the platforms below.
QROC provides access to the OverDrive digital collection which contains ebooks from thousands of publishers and content suppliers.
- You will need an active library card to borrow titles from this library.
- You can borrow up to 10 titles at a time. The lending period may vary from title to title.
- Read straight from your browser or download to your computer or device.
- For browser-based ebooks you need an up-to-date web browser with HTML5 support (such as Chrome, Firefox, Safari, or Internet Explorer)
- For downloadable ebooks: Adobe Digital Editions (Windows or Mac) or OverDrive for Windows 8 (Windows 8/RT only)
Help on QROCfor users and staff
- QROC summer poster (PDF 2.0 MB)
- QROC teen poster (PDF 3.1 MB)
- QROC school poster (PDF 2.8 MB)
- Overdrive big screen poster (PDF 3.6 MB)
- Lonely Planet poster (PDF 3.3 MB)
All you need to start borrowing ebooks:
- A valid RLQ library barcode and PIN.
- Internet access (Note: once the ebook is downloaded you can read offline anywhere).
- A compatible device to read an ebook on (with an application that allows you to read DRM protected ebooks).
- An Adobe ID. (This allows you to transfer DRM protected ebooks onto up to 6 different devices authorised with the same Adobe ID).
- New titles added every month.
- Borrow 4 titles for 2 weeks.
Zinio is a platform offering access to thousands of popular magazines. RLQ Libraries provide access to over 240 magazine titles that library members can download for free. Read them on your desktop computer, laptop, iPad, iPhone or Android device.
- Create a Zinio account. (Login using your RLQ Library membership number and PIN, then create a Zinio account using your email address.)
- Checkout a magazine by clicking on the magazine of your choice.
- Download your free Zinio reader:
- Keep favourite titles in your own library.
Ebook Library (EBL) is an ebook lending service that SLQ subscribes to. It contains over 100,000 titles, covering a wide range of subjects.
- Search for EBL titles in One Search, by limiting your search to ebooks.
- Click the Online tab of the record you want to view.
- Read online using Adobe Reader. Browse for 5 minutes to print/copy. Download books to view offline, with Adobe Digital Editions. Download for a 24 hour or a 7 day loan.
- Patrons using iPads, iPhones and some Android devices can read via the free Bluefire Reader App.
- You must have an SLQ library card or be registered as an SLQ member to access EBL ebooks.
A selection of ebooks developed especially for children. Listen and watch ebooks online, read a review, write a book report and play games. Bilingual titles are available to support language learning in Spanish and French.
You must have an SLQ library card or be registered as an SLQ member to access Tumblebooks.
eBooks available free online
- Project Gutenberg – Note: a selection of classic titles from the Gutenberg platform are already on the RLQ online catalogue.
- Open Library – is an initiative of the Internet Archive that offers world classic literature for loan or read online.
- International Children's Digital Library – a free library of over 4,000 books in several languages suitable for children.