Managing bulk loans
- Bulk loans from the Languages Other than English (LOTE) collection are available to Queensland public libraries on request.
- Library staff are encouraged to visit SLQ Public Library Development (PLD) to select their own bulk loans. This enables you and your library staff to become familiar with the LOTE collection and provides the opportunity for selection of stock to suit your local community. Please contact PLD (at least one week prior) if you would like to visit to select bulk loans.
- The loan period for bulk loans is 12 months.
- A library is not required to return an entire bulk loan of a language before requesting another. You are welcome to retain some of a bulk loan to satisfy customer demand until the arrival of your new loan. The timing for the return of the bulk loan should take into account the due dates to avoid overdues.
- An online form for bulk loans is available for Queensland public library staff unable to visit PLD.
- To assist PLD staff with the selection of the LOTE material, when filling in the online forms, please ensure you complete the required fields with as much information as possible including:
- preferred genres
- preferred authors
- anything unique to the language such as the direction of the script for Chinese
- To improve the dialogue with your customers this form is available for use to refine your bulk loan request.
- After submitting an online form, the details of your request will be displayed for printing.
- PLD will process your bulk loan within one week of receipt.
- You are welcome to stamp / note your library's name on the date due slip in each book.
- Please do not leave your own library barcodes attached anywhere in or on the book. Please remove any glue residue left by barcodes stuck on books.
- The Reserve option is available for individual titles.
Please contact Public and Indigenous Library Services at the State Library for more information.