Register for an RLQ Tourist Card
Borrow 4 items for 4 weeks. Return items to any RLQ library branch. Membership is free.
* Indicates a required field
Terms and Conditions of RLQ Tourist Membership
I agree to abide by the RLQ Libraries policies and conditions of use
- A membership card is issued upon joining. Your membership card is required to borrow items from the RLQ Library Service and to renew items online.
- Most items may be borrowed for 4 weeks.
- You may borrow up to 4 items on your card. These can be borrowed from and returned to any branch of the RLQ network. After hours book chutes are available in most locations to return items when the library is closed.
- Items may be renewed on the RLQ Libraries website. There is a maximum of 1 renewal per item. Items reserved by another customer may not be renewed. Renewal limits may apply to some collections eg. DVDs.
- As a Library member it is your responsibility to return or renew items by the due date. Items not returned by the due date may accumulate overdue fees.
- Loss or damage of Library items issued on your Library card are your responsibility and will incur replacement charges.
- Membership may be suspended if you have overdue items and/or outstanding charges.
- Parents and guardians are responsible for their children’s selection and use of library materials and services, including access to the Internet.
- Members must obey at all times the lawful direction of library staff.
- If your card is lost, contact State Library immediately, by emailing email@example.com. Until your card is reported missing, you are responsible for items checked out in your name.
- Please notify staff if you change your home address. Proof of your new address will be required.
- Membership details are confidential and will not be disclosed to other parties.
To join online, click on the button below to accept the library conditions of use, and complete the registration form. For further information please visit the RLQ Libraries website
State Library of Queensland respects your privacy. Personal information we collect is used only for our internal activities and functions (Libraries Act 1988) and will not be discussed unless required by law. For more information, please read State Library's privacy statement.
If you have a registration enquiry, you can contact us in any of the following ways:
Telephone: +61 7 3842 9007
Fax: +61 7 3842 9033